Monday, February 3, 2014

January 2014

It's another year and time to get back to building the dream.  At the end of last year my focus was finishing an addition onto my house.  Most of January was focused on my wife's surgery recovery and making extra money on the side to see us through.  Now that I know that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train, it's time to start working on the boat again.  I have not been idle all this time though.  I have put in a few hours here and there and that enabled a leap forward in the planking phase.  85% of the port side has the first layer of plywood.  She really is starting to look like a boat.

Finishing the first layer of planking to the transom on the port side.  Notice the large number of temporary short boards holding the plywood flush.  These are necessary when the hull is changing shape in complex ways.  I could have elected to install narrower strips but the wider strips make a farer hull in this case.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is very much appreciated.